Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Good Man

As you all know I'm a writer, here is a small piece of a long poem I wrote entitled "A Good Man" Hope you enjoy
The Question of the day is what defines a good man? is it the kind of car he drives or his clothing brand? Is he popular with his peeps? got the good paying job? Athletic and artistic, just living it large, when he's out they pay attention, got a pocket full of cash, clubbing buying out the bar, making every moment last, is this your good man? the bachlor without a home who's desired by all?
What if I don't look like Denzel, Morris Chestnut, Shamar, Ginuwine, Usher, or T.I.?????? Does that not make me a good guy??????? I might not have the best job but i work honestly, and money is my motivation but it doesn't always come to me, and my car isnt the best, only cost 1000 bucks, but it gets the job done, never stranded or stuck, sometimes i like to be alone, don't always have to link up, prefer to get things accomplished and write down what i think up, I'm a go getter, not one to wait for things to happen but sometimes they come slow, but never dwelt on the bad cause it helped me grow.
God is my father, Anthony's my brother, I know ya'll don't care but Linda's my mother, I am very intelligent, with a great attitude, friendly with everyone, never one to be rude, I consider myself handsome, 6'4'' and a good catch personally, but I can't get a good woman, use to think something was wrong with me
Not really, Women are just confused about what they want, the thuggished type, who wants a quick fuck, well I'm not a thug, I'm just a country boy who knows what he deserves, someone I can grow old with and get on each others nerves, lol, see, I am a good man, with or without the looks or the money, with or without anyone, I am self-motivated, I drive my life and i stay away from the drama, alone on club nights, do better things with my money, I dont have all name brand clothes or all the J's, Not a materialistic person, like many of those today, focus is much bigger, than others can see, I know i'm gonna make it, I believe in me........................ .......................... .................. This is just a sample of a Very long poem

T.O.A.G.

No comments: