Thursday, October 16, 2008

Speak on it (10-15-2008)


Yesterday... @ my place of employment a white co-worker approaches me and says hey Dre', guess what I woke up to this morning,(with a smirk on her face), What I asked, Dude I got a text from my buddie that stated: What does Obamas Slogan, It's time for a change stand for? Unaware of the texts answer I smiled and said what? With almost a develish grin she Smile and said "Come Help a Nigga Get Elected" and burst into uncontrolable laughter, I smiled and walked away, I was totally bothered by it but ignored it. Later at Wal-mart I spoke with a homegirl and when I mentioned the text she said about Obama, that junt was too funny, I said... Like hell it was funny, I felt it was disrespectful, She said her friends white and black had been sending it to one another, Should I feel this way or am I overreacting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It crazy how popular that text message is!

I think that if one of my white coworkers were to say something like that to me I would feel a little uneasy about the situation as well

I don’t think you are buging. You have a right to be offended different things sit differently with different people.